Providing Child Care Services to Military Families
Child care issues are a pressing problem for our military families; help us find the solution!
Here’s how you can help our service members
- Offer child care services to Army Families through the Give Army Parents a Break Child Care Program.
- Offer full-time care to families through Operation Military Child Care and receive fee assistance.
- Donate child care services on a short-term basis (two to four hours).
- Offer child care services at Military Family support events.
If you are willing to provide child care to children from military families, please contact your local Child Care & Referral agency by calling 888-291-9811.
“I felt I needed to step in and help. My grandmother volunteered with the Red Cross
during World War II. I thought, ‘Here’s the chance for my generation and field to help.’
My program and I have been the better for it.”
— Carol Dundee, child care provider
Operation Military Child Care
Operation Military Child Care is designed to support Families of deployed service members by offering full-time or part time child care fee assistance.
- Completed provider fee assistance application (available online or download (PDF))
- Provider W9 Form (PDF)
- Copy of valid state license
- Copy of state licensing inspection within the last 12 months
How will my program benefit?
- Fee assistance for services provided
- Ability to support the Families serving our Country
- Free marketing through Child Care Aware's online directory and Preferred and Approved Provider participation
- Quicker enrollment for Families into Army fee assistance programs
- Special incentives and discounts
- Links to resources and training materials
- Professionals & Caregivers
- Trainers & RBPD