R.E.E.T.A.I.N. Bonuses Reward Excellence in Child Care
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. (Retaining Early Educators Through Attaining Incentives Now) is designed to offer incentives to keep strong, well-trained professionals in the field and working with the same group of children over time.
The program rewards child care professionals who have earned a Minnesota Child Care Credential (MNCCC) or have reached a Level 6 or higher on the Minnesota Career Lattice, and have demonstrated a general commitment to continuing education and professional development.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are available to child care professionals who have worked in the same program for at least one year and work with the same group of children 30 hours or more a week (on average).
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are awarded annually. The bonuses range from $500 to $3,500 and can be used to cover program or personal expenses. They are intended to improve the child care professionals’ bottom line.
Applications may be submitted:
- From center-based child care professionals between April 1 and May 31.
- From family child care professionals between October 1 and November 30.
- Have a current email account
- Have a current Individual Membership in Develop
- Have a valid Individual ID Number in Develop
- Have a Career Lattice step assigned in Develop
NOTE: Develop is the new Minnesota Registry and is available online at www.developtoolmn.org
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. offers bonuses to child care professionals who:
- Are licensed to provide child care or work for a licensed child care program
- Work at least 30 hours per week directly with the same children
- Have been working in their current position for at least one year
- Have earned a Minnesota Child Care Credential (MNCCC) or have reached a Level 6 on the Minnesota Career Lattice
- Are willing to commit to staying in their position for one year.
Child care professionals who are currently completing a T.E.A.C.H. contract do not qualify for a R.E.E.T.A.I.N. grant.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are awarded to the most qualified applicants and as funds allow.
- Professionals & Caregivers