R.E.E.T.A.I.N. Bonuses Reward Excellence in Child Care
|The R.E.E.T.A.I.N. Application is now available here.|
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. (Retaining Early Educators Through Attaining Incentives Now) is designed to offer incentives to keep strong, well-trained professionals in the field and working with the same group of children over time.
The program rewards child care professionals who have earned a Minnesota Child Care Credential (MNCCC) or have reached a Level 6 or higher on the Minnesota Career Lattice, and have demonstrated a general commitment to continuing education and professional development.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are available to child care professionals who have worked in the same program for at least one year and work with the same group of children 30 hours or more a week (on average).
“I used my R.E.E.T.A.I.N. grant to purchase new outdoor play equipment and to pay a few overdue bills. Both have offered me real peace of mind as I now know the swing set is safe and that my business will stay afloat this year.” — Jonie Pederson, child care professional
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are awarded annually. The bonuses range from $500 to $3,500 and can be used to cover program or personal expenses. They are intended to improve the child care professionals’ bottom line.
Applications may be submitted:
- From center-based child care professionals between April 1 and May 31.
- From family child care professionals between October 1 and November 30.
- Download complete R.E.E.T.A.I.N instructions. We recommend reading the entire document before you begin the application process.
- Apply online.
- Have a current email account
- Have a current Individual Membership in Develop which includes
- an ID number
- a lattice step
- verification of employment
- a Learning Record
NOTE: Develop is the new Minnesota Registry and is available online at www.developtoolmn.org
Applicants must apply online only during these time periods. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. offers bonuses to child care professionals who:
- Are licensed to provide child care or work for a licensed child care program
- Work at least 30 hours per week directly with the same children
- Have been working in their current position for at least one year
- Have earned a Minnesota Child Care Credential (MNCCC) or have reached a Level 6 on the Minnesota Career Lattice
- Are willing to commit to staying in their position for one year.
Child care professionals who are currently completing a T.E.A.C.H. contract do not qualify for a R.E.E.T.A.I.N. grant.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are awarded to the most qualified applicants and as funds allow.
- Professionals & Caregivers
- Trainers & RBPD