Monitoring Your Child Care
You are the best judge of whether a program is working for your child and family. That's why it is very important that you monitor your child's program continuously. Caregivers should welcome parent visits at any time. However, keep in mind that certain times of the day are very busy and the caregiver may have limited time to spend with you.
HOW TO MONITOR
- Make unexpected visits.
- Occasionally stay a little longer when you drop off or pick up your child.
- Occasionally pick your child up at a time different from your normal time.
- Volunteer to help with special events or field trips.
- Arrange a conference to talk with your caregiver about your child or any concerns.
As children grow, their needs change. Programs and enrollments may also change over time. It's important to evaluate your choice of care regularly.
- Professionals & Caregivers
- Trainers & RBPD